June 26, 2020:
Thank you all for your continued patience and unwavering support of Inn at Village Square as we continue to maintain the highest safety protocols to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff. Inn at Village square remains free of positive cases of COVID-19 at this time. In an effort to support residents visiting with families and friends safely, we are introducing outdoor visitations. Please make note of the following required guidelines for these visits so that we may keep everyone safe and healthy:
- Visits will take place outdoors and will be weather dependent.
- Visits must be scheduled in advance by contacting Julie Perkins at JPerkins@InnatVillageSquare.org or 207-839-5101.
- A minimum of six feet physical distance between residents and visitors throughout the visit.
- Use of appropriate face coverings by all.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms.
- Hand hygiene practices are in place.
- No more than 2 visitors per resident per visit.
- Visits will be monitored by a member of the staff.
- Maximum of three residents may receive visitors at one time.
Your compliance with these guidelines allows us to host these visits while keeping our community safe. Thank you!
April 17, 2020:
For Inn at Village Square, keeping residents safe and healthy remains our top priority. We continue to follow all CDC guidelines, including social distancing, no visitation, and wearing masks.
We miss visits from family, friends, and neighbors, but know the protocols we’re following continue to be essential in keeping everyone safe and healthy. The members of our community are working together with great compassion and courage to help each other through this challenging time.
Thank you all for your support throughout this crisis. We greatly appreciate everything families, friends, and the wider community have done for us – from encouraging messages to thoughtful gifts to delicious treats! As we continue to move forward, we welcome your continued encouragement and support.
March 18, 2020:
We currently have no cases of COVID-19, and we are now exercising the following precautions as we remain vigilant in keeping our residents and staff safe:
• Closed dining room – all meals will be served directly to rooms on disposable paper products/utensils
• Closed admissions for new applicants
• Monitoring residents for symptoms by nursing staff twice daily
• Continue to screen all staff and essential visitors who enter The Inn. We have closed visits to non-essential homecare visitors, like physical therapy and occupational therapy.
• Closed all programs, committees, and resident meetings. We are suggesting residents stay in their rooms.
• Utilizing all staff to assist with increased cleaning and tray delivery to residents
• Ongoing monitoring of supplies. We have completed the forms to be on the waitlist for additional personal protective equipment, as it becomes available to us, from the State of Maine.
• Daily communication with the Maine CDC for updates and revised protocols
We are doing one-on-ones with residents and helping them with individualized activities. We are also willing to assist residents with FaceTime or Skype if families inform us of their desire to participate.
Thank you for your continued patience and support!
March 12, 2020:
The safety and well-being of our residents is our top priority at Inn at Village Square. We have been carefully monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC) and National Center for Assisted Living information and advisories to ensure we are doing everything we can to keep our residents and staff safe and healthy and ensure we continue effective operations. We are also closely monitoring the health of residents and staff.
We take preparations, precautions, and protocols related to optimizing health outcomes during an outbreak like this very seriously. Our supplies are well stocked, our staff are well trained, and our heightened protocols are in place.
We have implemented a few key changes in operations that have been advised to us from the CDC. These operational changes are necessary to protect our residents and staff:
• We are restricting non-essential visitors from entering our building, including family, friends, volunteers, and outside activity/program facilitators
• We strongly recommend that residents stay at Inn at Village Square to minimize their risk of exposure
• We are suspending non-urgent appointment transportation
• All activities will be in-house only
At this time, we do not know how long these protocols will be in effect. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines and provide updates to our community.
Thank you for your patience, cooperation, and support during this time.